Woodville Town Hall Upgrade
Liedig Building Group were engaged by the City of Charles Sturt to restore the Woodville Town Hall in 2014. This project of historical significance to the local community involved the replacement of top chord trusses, replacement of heritage ceilings and supporting structural framing, timber flooring and other associated works. The works were completed ahead of time with Practical Completion being achieved in Feburary 2015.
Major Project Challenges:
- Working around a failed truss elements in a safe manner
- Modifying roof trusses while extensive airconditioning plant was in place
- Undertaking the majority of structural roof repairs in winter
- Replacement of heritage ceilings to match existing
- Protection of the hall from damage throughout the construction process